A B O U T   |   F O L L O W   |   S H A R E   |   P O R T F O L I O   |   D E V I A N T A R T

Sunday, September 27, 2009

| week eight |

56/365!

The end of this week marks the end of two months (according to my 13 month year)...ahh! So far, but still a looong way to go. Oye.

This week was a bit difficult at first. I found it really hard to get back into the theme of not having a set idea for every day. Also, I was ridiculously busy most of the time, leaving most of the pictures a bit on the 'meh' side. I hate that, because I feel like my support then gets a bit 'meh', causing me to rethink way too many things and break myself down. Although, it is nice to just kind of live the pictures day by day as well. I just have to remember I have to take 365 pictures - they're not all going to be my best work. This project isn't about impressing people with my "amazing" photography, but more about me proving to myself I can do something for a change.

I think this last picture needs a bit of explanation, simply because I felt it was a bit difficult. These past few days I've been a bit of a recluse in my own head. I've been doing way too much thinking, keeping things to myself a lot, and mainly just being an emotional wreck without letting anyone know. I tend to do that a lot, but I guess it comes down to me feeling consistently lonely lately. I love my friends, but sometimes, I hear too much or I just need someone to listen to me for a change.

A handful of my closest friends here at Ship are graduating in less than a year. I don't even want to think about this. After they're gone, I know I'll still have friends, but it really won't be the same. And then there are people from home, who I miss terribly and I twist things and make myself think they don't give two shits. To put it bluntly, I haven't been the easiest on myself lately...and it feels good to get it out right now. So my apologies to everyone who has had to put up with me recently.

ANYWAY...as for the picture, it means a lot to me, even if it doesn't seem like it. It's simple, but it feels like me. The picture would be one thing if it were just of me, but I put the flower there for good reason. The two pictures need to be together to explain myself. I'll let you figure out your own interpretation though =)

Until next time...


P.S. - For proper viewing pleasure of day 56, listen to Kate Voegele's version of Hallelujah.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Just wanted to let you know i thought this past week of work was so great. Definitely one of my favorites. And i know i say this a lot, but i think you are doing an awesome job overall with the project. It is slightly unbelievable how real (and raw) your work is sometimes. I honestly cannot stinkin wait to see what comes next. At the same time, your making me a better friend in the process:-) enjoy your week Erin. what comes next is a reflection of how hard you have been working and where you are going as an artist, and i'm excited.

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't apologize for honesty, we thank you. I agree, I really liked this week. It was something different from you. Yeah maybe some of the work wasn't as deep or emotionally thought as some of your previous, but it was still aesthetically pleasing. Keep up the great work, and I really like your comments on the last picture (I love it when the artists comes out and SAYS how much a picture means to them).

    -mishkittens

    ReplyDelete