A B O U T   |   F O L L O W   |   S H A R E   |   P O R T F O L I O   |   D E V I A N T A R T

Sunday, September 13, 2009

| week six |

42 days down, 323 to go!

Oh goodness, 42 days seems like a lot, but when I look at it out of 365? I hardly feel like I've made a dent...

This week has been very difficult. My first two sins weren't this week, but they weren't overly challenging either. My week started with lust, and I finished it with a dance - not too shabby. Lust was probably my favorite (go figure) photography-wise, but as for creativity, I'm not sure I have a favorite. Lust and Wrath were my favorites, along with the last two photos, which weren't sins.

My Envy photo was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. Yet, all of the responses I received from everyone were absolutely worth it. All of the comments made me cry, and every single one truly meant the world to me.

It sounds conceited, but I highly doubt anyone can really understand how I felt/feel. Can you imagine putting your biggest insecruity/flaw/weakness out in the open, and just letting the general public do with it as they please? Just, exposing yourself so deeply...I never thought I'd be able to do that. The entire time I took that picture, I was completely...raw, for lack of a better word. I didn't feel anything, and I just was blank and didn't let it hit me until later. So again, thank you everyone, for taking it so seriously.

Until next week...

2 comments:

  1. We're all here with you Erin. Keep up this amazing work, we're so proud of you!!!!

    -mishkittens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enana,

    First of all, dont EVER feel conceited by accepting the praise from the Envy photo. That photo left me stunned when I first saw it (and subsequent times thereafter), not only for the strength it took to open up your vulnerability to the world,but also for the sheer purity and potency of the message it sends. I don't think you have looked past your own courage to truly and completely realize the brilliance you have created. Every ounce of your emotions at the time came through in that picture, and because of that, it goes straight to the core of everyone that looks at it. That photo is something EVERYONE can connect to on their most personal levels, and that is only because you youself poured your own most personal level into the photograph. Once it dawns on you the potency that your photograph has, and WHY it holds such power, then you will truly have grown as a photographer, and this project will really have the effect you wanted it to have.

    Your Envy photograph is the best photo you have ever taken. Can't fight the truth.

    Learn always.

    M.

    -M.

    ReplyDelete