A B O U T   |   F O L L O W   |   S H A R E   |   P O R T F O L I O   |   D E V I A N T A R T

Monday, November 9, 2009

| week fourteen |

Only 38 weeks to go!?

Ugh. This week was a bad week and I apologize. Although, I really shouldn't be apologizing unless it's to myself. This is for me and no one else. If people don't like when my pictures aren't "amazing", too bad. The only thing is that I let myself down when my pictures aren't epic.

I find that, even though I know I have tons of supporters, I only seem to get comments/encouragement/criticism when my photos are decent. This is when I have to remind myself that I'm in this for me, and only me. It's just hard though when I don't receive support when I'm feeling the lowest, y'know? I'd rather people not comment on any of the "good" pictures, and just comment/criticize on the "bad" pictures. Oh well.

In other news, I have strep throat and it sucks something fierce. My tonsils are huge, I'm feverish, and my entire body aches. On the plus side, I have tons-o-drugs and I've slept for almost an entire day =D

1 comment:

  1. I know this has been a bad week and you're sick, but I really have to ask you if you truly think what you're saying makes sense? I suppose it doesn't have to, though, because it's more about what you're feeling, not saying, and emotions never really make sense. What I'm really getting at here, is what do you want us to say about your "not so good" pictures? There's really only two ways that could go-either we could be honest and tell you that we think it's a piece of crap, or we could lie and coddle you, which both would just end up hurting you, and it's not like you'd believe us if we lied to you anyway, because you're right, it is about you and not us, and as artists, we're our own worst critic.

    Alas, you have given us, and yourself, a lot of proof that says we can expect great things of you, so why settle for less?

    On a side, while I'm here, I would like to say that I would love to see more full body and/or facial portraits, because that's where you really are as a person--your hands, feet, etc, are only part of that whole, so don't cheat yourself.

    --April

    ReplyDelete